Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 - Another New Start

I'm becoming increasingly anxious...not the good or bad kind of anxious...can't really pinpoint it, just anxious. About what? Getting everything cleared out and moved and secured, driving down to South Carolina and getting there without many glitches, leaving SC and driving home by myself when I've never driven down south at all let alone myself with the three little dogs, being home is totally great, I love it and take advantage of every time I get to see my family because as any military spouse knows, its not easy to make the sometimes day long drives to see families. I'm worried about driving down to SC from my parents' house on my own and navigating a new post, moving temporarily back up to NY so we can clear and then take leave to see each of our families and then making the final move down to Georgia. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. Its my first pcs move and things are bound to drive me bonkers. Buuuuut, have any of you ever realized how just when you get reallllly acclamated to new surroundings/situations/people that *bam!* it's time to move on? I feel that same way. I feel like now that we have amazing friends, a house that works out perfectly, an amazing landlord, and just a cozy life, that fate has dealt me a new hand and said "time to play a new game".

I'm nervous about his job too when he graduates school and we move down to Georgia. His hours are going to be insane, he'll hardly have any time off, no decent travel windows to see family. Oy. My parents are getting up there in age so they said they'd love to come down and visit and see us wherever we are when they retire so that'd be great.

All in all, I guess I'm just being a worrywart but I hate the "unknown". I like to have a plan, a list, an organization over a lot of things. I guess I'm overly controlling and that's where the hating of the unknown comes in.

Oh well, I guess we shall all see where 2011 and the rest of the future takes us.

Goodnight and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

i know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way when we left Germany. We finally made great friends, had a great life, were very close to my parents and than "bam"(!), the visa got here, within two days I flew out and all the moving from one point to another in such a short of period of time... but what you are having to go through is...wow... A LOT. All that driving, I'd be anxious too.

Post a Comment