Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Almost Time To Go

So tonight for dinner, I'm making baked ziti with garlic bread. We rented The Other Guys on OnDemand and are just relaxing.

It's almost time to go...

meaning: we only have a little over a week before I say goodbye to hubby for 3 months while he's in school down in South Carolina and I move to Michigan to save a little cash.

Each time we take a load of stuff out to the storage place I realize just how close it is to the time we move for good down to our next duty station. Thankfully, it's someplace warm!

When I first got here a few years ago, I HATED it. We lived in a little apartment in Watertown. The landlord said appliances were included and when I showed up, there was nothing there. We bought our own stove and fridge and furniture which wiped out our deployment savings. Then we ended up moving on post thinking it'd be easier. NOT. Due to certain circumstances, we only stayed on post for the initial 6 months requirement and moved out to a little town about 25 minutes away. The house was crap, the landlord was a nice enough guy and his wife and kids were really friendly, but nothing ever got done. There was a wasp problem during the hottest months and a mold problem that got so bad the toilet fell through the bathroom floor!

Then we moved out to another town a little further away and shared an apartment with a friend of ours that had lived with us in the previous place for a while. I then moved home to save money.

Long story short: I left stuff at the apartment in the bedroom and some stuff in the garage and my friend had no problem with that. Then there were some court issues and legal issues with my friend and she got evicted. I couldn't make it back here to move everything out so I had someone else move my stuff to storage.

We showed up here after hubby got back from deployment and went to the storage unit to get everything out. After we started opening everything, we realized that there was a lot of stuff missing. So we have an allotment coming out because we had to pay for the stolen stuff but our insurance reimbursed us so I guess it's not as bad as I thought it woulda been.

And now we are here, in a log cabin type house with tons of property, a fabulous landlord and her family, and we are leaving. I don't really want to but it's necessary because we need to save the money to get us where we are going next.

I'm not really sure what my original intent for this post was, but I guess I'm just feeling slightly sentimental about leaving this place. We'll be coming back for a month and just renting a room after my husband graduates because we have to clear this post, i have to get my medical records, all that irritating stuff lol

So...that's it for tonight...nothing too interesting, like I said, just feeling kind of sentimental.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

oh my god, you went through so much more than we actually did. Wow, that is crazy. And now the entire moving marathon again...

Just Call Me B said...

Ugh, I will be soooo happy when this is done but I can't even begin to imagine what you and Q have been through, especially moving to another country:/ what we went through doesn't even begin to compare to what you two have had to deal with:(

Alas, we get through it the best we can, right? :)

Post a Comment