Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Surprise!

So a few days ago I was complaining about not getting a christmas tree and that sort of planted the idea in my head to try and convince my husband into surprising our families with a spontaneous visit to see them over the next few days. Surprisingly it only took a few minutes of convincing and we came up with a route.

We cleaned the house, got some laundry done, packed up and left a couple days later. We left upstate NY around 1530 and drove straight through. Finally we arrived in WI on my sister in law's front porch around 0900.

We kind of planned everything with her fiancee and he had told her that she was going to have to take work off on Thursday. She asked why and alls he said was that there were two things, ones big and ones little and ones white and the others a golden brown

Sister: can I sit on it?
Fiancee: well...I guess you could...
Sister: is it something I can keep inside?
Fiancee: yeah...but I mean, you could keep it outside too. well how about this, what's the one thing you'd least expect?
Sister: my little brother and rebekah on my front porch
Fiancee: ha! I'm not that good, I can't pull that one off.
Sister: damnit, what is it?

So I txtd her fiancee around 0645 and let him know that we were about 2 hours away and I guess he told her to wake up and get dressed.

Finally we got here and my husband's sister must have been looking out the window because she came outside with tears in her eyes:)

I guess my opinion on the holidays is definitely changing.

Even though we are only here for the rest of the night and we drove 16 hours, it was well worth it. Obviously the military lifestyle doesn't allow us to travel much and we don't make it to Wisconsin even remotely close to as much as we'd like to, which makes the short day we've had TOTALLY worth it.

Got to go out for breakfast with my sister in law and nephew, relax at the house, give my sister in law her baby gifts (she's expecting a little girl in March!), go out for pizza with her and her fiancee, her son, his 3 kids. It's just been nice to be able to forget about the past few days of terrible news and stress.

Alright, well I'm writing this on my Moto Droid and my fingers are starting to hurt so I'll stop for now and update from the road tomorrow.

Goodnight and Merry CHRISTMAS

Oh and ps: anyone else amazed by the fact that Christmas is almost here and 2011 is already juuuuust around the corner? :/

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, I am amazed.
The older we get, they more time flies.

I hope you have had a great Christmas. :)

Just Call Me B said...

Thanks so much Sandra and I hope you did also!

OOh and thank you for the pictures of Audie, I'm so thankful that he's having such a good time and is being so well taken care of:) You really are awesome! :)

Post a Comment