Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas VS. Happy Holidays

Let's talk turkey for a minute folks...

And I would say that I apologize ahead of time if the following post offends anyone, but it's my honest opinion so why should I apologize for thinking on my own?

I don't get the whole Merry Christmas VS. Happy Holidays battle.

"Oh, well Christmas has the word 'CHRIST' in it and if you say it, it offends me because it makes me feel like I have to believe in Christ. You're infringing on my right to believe in whatever religion I want."

Hold up...STOP...WHAT?????

My response to people that like to bring that up:

"Sooo...your translation of me saying a simple 'Merry Christmas' is me shoving your head into a wall and telling you that you have to believe in Christ? I'm sorry but can you draw me out a map showing me how you got from point A to point B?"

Really, people????? It's kind of along the lines of the battle to remove "In God We Trust" from money. I missed the part where a dollar bill could force you to believe in God...

I just don't buy the argument that you feel that a dollar bill that I may drop on the ground in front of you in a snowy, wet, slushy walmart parking lot could offend you.

...I totally get that you may not believe in Christ, but puh-leeeeeeeeeeease, don't try to tell me that my dollar bills and coins are trying to make you believe.

please and thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment