Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Good News Or Bad News?

So without going into too much detail, lately I've had to see a doctor for a few concerns and some issues I've been having. Nothing life threatening, but some things that could become serious down the road if not taken care of now.

Anyway, today my husband and I went down to Syracuse to see Tron in 3D and right as the movie is starting, I notice that the screen on my phone is lit up which means 1 of 3 things; a. new email b. new text or c. missed call/voicemail.

The caller ID said Unknown and immediately my hearts leaps into my throat. The only phone calls that I've ever gotten from a number listed as Unknown have been my primary care manager at the on post clinic.

As soon as the ending credits start rolling, I dial into my voicemail and to my surprise...

It's the doctor, personally...which I would like to point out that ever since I've been an Army Wife, I have never once had a PCM call me personally, it's always been a nurse. Heck, never in my entire life have I had a doctor personally call me, for ANY reason.

The message says, and I quote, "Hi, this is Dr. O, I'm trying to reach (name). Please call me at (phone number, then repeats phone number), it's nothing to fret about but it is very important."

What the heck does that mean? Nothing to fret about but important?

About a month ago I had a full set of bloodwork done checking everything from cholesterol to thyroid and liver function, hormones, etc. etc. I also had a couple of ultrasounds done.

I had a followup after the results came in and everything for the most part was normal. He was a little concerned with 2 things but said it most likely was just something we'd have to keep an eye on. Ok, not much of a big deal right?

Well, before leaving that day he sent me over to the labaratory and had me have blood drawn to check my liver function and i also had to set up an appointment for an ultrasound of my liver in the radiology department and an OB/GYN appt at an off post clinic in January.

Alright first, let me be VERY clear. I am NOT pregnant, although with the talk of ultrasounds and OB/GYN appts I could see where you would get that idea.

Anyway, I'm wondering if he's calling me about my liver function results or to discuss one of the ultrasound results (only one was available when I went in for my followup) or my pap results (which for whatever reason are STILL not available, unless that's what he was calling for). But then again, like i said, he has NEVER called me for anything personally, it's always been a nurse.

And yeah yeah yeah I get that he said, "it's nothing to fret about but it is very important." so what the heck could that possibly mean. My doctor is amazing and is so reassuring about everything so OF COURSE he's going to say it's nothing to fret about.

I tried calling back but the office was closed so I am getting up right when they open and calling back as soon as possible to figure out what the message was for.

Prayers please, and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment