Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS! (I haven't even slept yet)

So it's 0154 and I've been playing Farm Frenzy Pizza Party for the past I don't know how long. I've gotten into a terrible habit over the past few years of staying up as late as possible just doing nothing in general and then only going to sleep when I'm absolutely exhausted and then the vicious cycle continues.

Hubby has been sleeping for a while and no stores are open so I'm just sitting at my dad's computer messin' around.

It's Christmas morning:)

I'm really thinking that I'm going to grab a pillow and blanket when I eventually do wear myself out, turn out every light in the house, turn on the Christmas Tree lights, and go sleep by the tree like I used to do when I was a kid. I just feel a bit nostalgic this year. My parents have a big tree in the living room, and a smaller one sitting on top of the dining room table so they can fit more of their collected ornaments instead of just keeping them in boxes.

I LOVE our Christmas ornaments. I always (when I was a kid and now when i'm home and able to) help mom put up the ornaments and we have a few very special ones. There's tons of original ceramic Disney ornaments that are a blast to hang up each year, we have 2 wooden baby rattle ornaments that were handmade by a lady from one of our old churches when my parents adopted one of my older brothers (the one that's here right now) and one when I was adopted, and then...there's the plastic pickle. It's just what it sounds like, a little 4 inch plastic pickle. We used to play a game that whoever found the pickle in the tree could open up the first present or would get to hand presents out. Needless to say, I'd scope out the pickle during the night and always be the first one:)

I always used to be a little present snooper too. I'd carefully untape boxes or peek through the tissue paper to see if I could get a glimpse of what was inside and waiting for me lol!

See what I mean about nostalgia?

Orrrrr...my brother (again, the same one who's here at the house right now too) and I would wake up at 0200, turn on A Christmas Story (yeah, you know the one. the one that loops 24 hrs a day every Christmas), line up our presents, and fall asleep on the couches.

I was telling my husband on the way here that I miss asking for toys and games and stuffed animals. I thought of this when I realized the first thing that came to my mind when my mom asked what I wanted for Christmas was quite literally, "kitchen stuff". I asked for things like mixing bowls, cook books, pans, etc, anything for the kitchen. When did I get so boring?

No really, when did we all grow up? I'm 22 almost 23, haven't graduated college, and am now asking for kitchen stuff...

What did you ask for/get this year?

Alright, well I think it's time for me to go curl up out by the tree. Goodnight/Good Morning, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, HAPPY FESTIVUS, HAPPY KWANZAA, and all those wonderful things:)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Nothing really. i didn't ask for anything. We have so much I wouldn't really know what to get other than getting Judge shipped over.

Sometimes i wished we could go back in time and enjoy Christmas when we were four or five years old. You know, old enough to enjoy the presents yet not old enough to really understand what is going on in the world.

Post a Comment